If you're like me, you're very concerned with the drinking and bathing quality of water. In fact, if you've found this site at all, then you must already know about how serious some of these concerns are.
As consumers and educated citizens, we've witnessed the huge trend of people turning towards natural health -- the rise of the organic food movement, the backlash against pesticides, the booming of local farmer's markets, and so forth -- and now, we're starting to wake up to the most important thing we can do for our health: drinking pure water.
The sad reality is, though, in an era of rising health consciousness, our drinking water purity is declining. Some comprehensive studies are now showing that there are over 2,100 toxins in our drinking water. These toxins include: chlorine, lead, chemicals that get into the water supply from large farming run offs, and corporate pollution.
All of this stuff may be found in your tap water.
People think they are protecting themselves by drinking bottled water. But bottled water may be the biggest scam of all. Bottled water may be no more pure than tap water. This is because there are simply no government standards that require bottled water be any better.
No less an authority than the FDA states: "Companies that market bottled water as being safer than tap water are defrauding the American public."
Don't you find it amazing that bottled water, ounce for ounce, can cost more than gasoline? And, if you're an environmentally conscious sort of person, you should also consider this statement: "It [the purchase of bottled water] causes millions of plastic bottles to be manufactured, transported and then disposed of in U.S. landfills, it's killing our planet, and for no good reason..." Eric Olsen, Natural Resources Defense Council.
So, what's the solution if you want to protect the health of you and your family, and that of the planet? The answer is the use of a home water filtration system.
But not just any filtration system. You see, there are significant differences between products. And more expensive does not necessarily mean better.
Let's consider a few points:
1) The best selling systems out there right now are so-called "reverse osmosis" or "distillation." These are actually not the optimal choice because although they can do a pretty good job of removing contaminants, they also remove the beneficial minerals that are vital for our health. Our bodies evolved to drink water with important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and more. Nowhere on earth does de-mineralized water appear naturally.
2) Many systems do not employ multi-filtration. This effectively means that some of the worst toxic offenders are not filtered out, and you may still be drinking some of that bad stuff you are trying to avoid.
3) Many of us don't consider the purity of the water we cook food with or the water we shower or bathe in. Remember: when you shower, the warm water opens up the pores of your skin and all of that water penetrates into it. Pure water is very beneficial for the skin and hydrates it. If you suffer from dryness, or any skin condition or disorder, it's even more important that you are bathing in purified water.
Now, there are many well known brands and companies out there that produce good, decent products. But dollar for dollar, there is none better than Aquasana. They have been voted "Best Buy" by Consumer Digest magazine five years running now.
And, because we are all on a budget, they have products for all budget ranges.
1. They sell products just for filtering shower water. Just a couple of the comments about this product include:
2. They sell water filters just for individual faucets, such as your kitchen faucet.
3. They sell individual glass bottle filters you can take anywhere that replace
4. And, of course, they sell a top rated whole house water purifier and filter.
Visit their site now:
click here and find out why I, and tens of thousands of